#100daysofAS

There was a call out to do A&S related projects every day for 100 days for a minimum of 10 minutes per day. 

Based on this post here.

My start date was the 2nd day of Anno Societatis LII 

  • May 2 (day 1): 1 hour of embroidery on a largesse project 
  • May 3 (day 2): 1 hour of embroidery on a Baronessa favor and 1 hour of tablet weaving
  • May 4 (day 3): 1 hour of embroidery on a Baronessa favor. 1 hour on Kumihimo cord making. 1 hour on measuring and cutting my under-dress with Kiaya. 10 minutes on my loom.
  • May 5 (day 4): Approx 1.5hrs split between embroidery and kumihimo. Then approx 1 hr on hemming my wool apron dress.
  • May 6 (day 5): 15 minutes on kumihimo cord.
  • May 7 (day 6): 3 hours – embroidery on my new dress neckline. 1/2 way done!
  • May 8 (day 7): 2 hours of embroidery and beading on a #soopersekritlargesse project. 40 minutes finishing the neckline embroidery on my underdress.
  • May 9 (day 8): 10 minutes to finish Baronessa Jocelyn’s favor. About 2 hours on the Stonemarche Kumihimo cord. 1 hour on hand hemming my apron dress.
  • May 10 (day 9): 1 hour of kumihimo
  • May 11 (day 10): 1 hour of kumihimo and 30 minutes sketching
  • May 12 (day 11): 1 hour of Kumihimo
  • May 13 (day 12): Started to embroider the top hem of my apron dress and realized the dye from my wool thread was coming off on my fingers. So 2 hours of work needs to get pulled. 😞 
  • May 14 (day 13): made and hand stitched the straps on my apron dress. Took out the wool embroidery and started the cotton embroidery. And made a blog post.
  • May 15 (day 14): worked on my blog.
  • May 16 (day 15): took the hem off my dublin cap. Made some Largesse tokens.
  • May 17 (day 16): re-pinned and hand hemmed my dublin cap.
  • May 18 (day 17): finished stringing my largesse tokens & kumihimo
  • May 19 (day 18): So, today’s embroidery project turned out to be… well.. not quite a lost cause, but a lesson in trying to do work when you have very little brain to brain with. Thankfully, a few people talked me off the cliff and I’ve a new and better alternative. Which I will start on Sunday or Monday. For now, back to kumihimo.
  • May 20 (day 19): I taught an hour long embroidery class at Giggleswick’s Garden of A&S. And I took a Calligraphy class from Master Alexandre.
  • May 21 (day 20): cut out elements to be appliqued and embroidered them.
  • May 22 (day 21): started the applique process and completed 1 sleeve.
  • May 23 (day 22): finished the embroidery on the blue dress sleeve. Worked more on the applique.
  • May 24 (day 23): finished the applique. Finished the chain stitch work on my apron dress.
  • May 25 (day 24): I hand stitched the favor I’ve been working on. I also restitched 1 strap for my apron dress and took out the stitches for the 2nd one. And cut 2 lengths of linen to make the ties for my dublin cap.
  • May 26 (day 25): stitched the ties for my dublin cap. Finished stitching the 2nd apron dress strap. Stitched both straps onto my apron dress.
  • May 27 (day 26): Re-strung my treasure necklace. Did some tablet weaving.
  • May 28 (day 27): made a wire circlet and attended a class on Jesters. Did some tablet weaving.
  • May 29 (day 28): updated my blog. Re-categorized some of my pintrest pins.
  • May 30 (day 29): I spent about 20 minutes doing kumihimo. Updated my project list for Palio and GNEW. And spent about 30 minutes embroidering the Stonemarche Table Runner.
  • May 31 (day 30): 10 minutes of kumihimo and about 45 minutes stitching my Baronial table runner.
  • June 1 (day 31): kumihimo and transferred a design for embroidering
  • June 2 (day 32): worked on some kumihimo, worked on a commission embroidery piece and cut out my tunic for Palio
  • June 3 (day 33): spent 30 minutes on kumihimo.
  • June 4 (day 34): approx 2 hours doing goldwork embroidery.
  • June 5 (day 35): worked 30 minutes on the embroidery commission. Looked up free clip art for a *rampant* horse, found one, printed it out, transferred to paper board, cut it out and then traced it onto black wool felt. Twice. Got one completely cut out and got the second one mostly cut out 
  • June 6 (day 36): finished cutting out the 2nd horse and started the embellishment.
  • June 7 (day 37): did more embroidery on the commission piece and got a few more inches on the Stonemarche kumihimo
  • June 8 (day 38): embroidered the commission piece.
  • June 9 (day 39): finished the embellishment on the ferrari horses. Did an hours worth of stitching on the Stonemarche table runner.
  • June 10 (day 40): Got 1 horse 95% appliqued onto the tunic. Did another hour’s worth of stitching on the Stonemarche table runner.
  • June 11 (day 41): I finished stitching the legs down on Horse #1 and then went back and fixed some of the wonky stitches.
  • June 12 (day 42): read a tutorial on wire wrapped rings
  • June 13 (day 43): created a stencil, and painted, four Ferrari Contrada flags. 
  • June 14 (day 44): created a smaller stencil and painted four each Ferrari belt favors and sashes.
  • June 15 (day 45): made 12 wands for the Ferrari Contrada children.
  • June 16 (day 46): finished appliqueing the last horse on my tunic and stitched my tunic up.
  • June 17 (day 47): managed 45 minutes of kumihimo.
  • June 18 (day 48): learned a new song and performed it with an impromtu choral group at the opening of court (at Palio di Stonemarche). Also got about 5 minutes of kumihimo done.
  • June 19 (day 49): I spent about 2 hours on the stitching project.. And a few moments on kumihimo.
  • June 20 (day 50): HURRAH!!! I made it to the half way point!! Today, I spent 2.5 hrs on embroidery.. πŸ˜πŸ’–πŸ€
  • June 21 (day 51): 4 hours of stitching.
  • June 22 (day 52): 30 minutes of kumihimo
  • June 23 (day 53): 2 hours of silk embroidery